Travel and Tourism Manager
Located in Utica, NY
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
1. Manages sales budget and sales activities within budgetary limitations.*
2. Develops and maintains close working relations with area hotels and attractions.*
3. Conducts at least 3 meetings with area hotel/attraction sales personnel per year.*
4. Develops packaging and sales efforts with partners.*
5. Develops and facilitates travel trade FAM tours.*
6. Develops creative suggested itineraries and profile sheet(s).*
7. Attends trade shows for leisure, group tour and niche markets.*
8. Coordinates and attend sales missions in target markets.*
9. Develops, coordinates and processes trade show and sales mission follow up.*
10. Maintains databases of group operators and travel trade show appointments in CRM.*
11. Prepares responses to RFPs from tour operators in cooperation with industry partners.*
12. Coordinates and accompanies clients on site inspections.*
13. Manages all aspects of assistance and service required for groups as per contracts.*
14. Maintains statistical data pertaining to group visitation.*
15. Oversees membership in travel trade organizations of which the bureau is a member.*
16. Attends professional development and trade meetings/conferences as needed.*
17. Collaborates with Tourism Promotion Agencies in the Central New York Vacation Region and other regional partners when appropriate and beneficial to Oneida County’s tourism industry.*
18. Coordinates staff and volunteer support for information services at various local events.*
19. Sets up and tears down information services at events.*
20. Works event shifts.*
21. Develops and prepares necessary paperwork for events.*
22. Attends planning meetings for various local events as needed.*
23. Develops and implements e-marketing initiatives for group tour market.*
24. Prepares monthly tracking analysis of responses to e-marketing initiatives.*
25. Edits content for group tour pages within bureau’s website and other trade related sites.*
26. Provides promotional information and copy for inclusion in cooperative group sales efforts.*
27. Fulfills requests for information from group operators.*
28. Follows the bureau’s messaging according to agency of record and media relations director.*
29. Utilizes CRM reporting to support organizational goals and objectives.*
30. Performs any other duties as requested.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, internet software, database software, contact management systems and Social Media.
Bachelor's degree; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Public relation and sales experience
Certificates and Licenses:
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- CRM customer relationship management
Drug screen and fingerprint background check prior to hire.
Please submit your resume to this posting. You can also visit us online at www.expressmohawkvalley.com to complete our application or contact our office at 315-790-5723 with any questions.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502