Located in White City, OR
Summary: The Production Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of planning, directing, coordinating work activities and resources for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications. This position also has direct supervision of production workers to include inspectors, machine setters, and operators of assembly/fabrication ensuring manufacturing activities meet all quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforce all safety and environment policies and regulations.
- Enforce all company policies, procedures, rules, and processes to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Coach and mentor employees for continued growth and improved performance.
- Communicate with employees continuously to ensure they understand expectations and standards of performance and conduct for the position, department, plant, and company.
- Continuously follow-up on employee performance and progress on expectations and standards of performance/conduct.
- Promptly address issues that detract from performance standards, quality, customer service (internally and externally), safety, 5S, and the Team culture.
- Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Direct or coordinate all activities related to production, processing, and/or distribution of materials.
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyze production, quality, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Assist with and ensure effective practices for hiring, training, and evaluating employees with assistance from administrative staff regarding employee performance and relations.
- Direct and coordinate activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Direct and coordinate performance management systems.
- Apply lean manufacturing principals, practices, and tools striving for continuous improvement.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by your supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Associate’s degree or equivalent experience required. Qualified candidates will be required to have experience in Woodworking, Hardwood, Veneer, Sanding, and Repair of Surface Imperfections is mandatory.
Complexity of Duties
Duties of this position require analytical decision making, solve problems, apply conflict resolution, handle complaints, and communicate with supervisors, peers, or subordinates in person, by phone, in written form, and email. Ability to guide, direct, and motivate others. Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships. Ability to multi-task.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of production and processing, administration and management, customer/personal services, human resources and employee relations. Ability to think critically, monitor and assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvement or take action. Manage your and others time effectively. Ability to coordinate, listen actively, think critically, and oral expression.
The work environment is fast pace and involves a high degree of integrity, dependability, self-control, initiative, and stress tolerance. Ability to adapt to varied time zones and cultural diversity. Travel 10% of the time.
The work requires minimal physical exertion such as prolonged sitting. Periodic periods of standing, walking, bending, reaching, climbing and the lifting of objects 20 - 25 lbs. The work may require specific and/or common physical characteristics and abilities such as average agility and dexterity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves complex problems in a timely manner.
Customer Service – Maintain positive interpersonal relationships with internal and external customers.
Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organizational goals and values.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Quality – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Safety – Observes safety and security procedures.
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504