OTR Truck Driver
Located in Grand Forks, ND
Express Employment Professionals is helping a local client find a Over the Road Driver. This is a full-time driving opportunity. The primary responsibility of this role is safely and efficiently operating trucks in compliance with federal and state regulations to deliver freight on time and undamaged. To be eligible for this position you need a valid CDL A, a valid DOT medical card and two years of prior driving experience.
- Inspect tractor and trailers for defects to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition before, during and after trips.
- Submit written reports on the condition of the tractor and trailers every day.
- Check the load and shipping documents to check for the presence of hazardous materials.
- Ensure all load documentation is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Drive truck in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, including hours and service regulations in the FMCSA Driver’s Handbook.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving skills in maneuvering tractor/trailer combinations at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, or in congested areas.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Report all crashes involving the driver, or company or contractor equipment.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdown, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies.
- Present yourself in a clean, well-groomed manner.
- Call home terminal for dispatch information.
- Install and remove tire chains as required.
- Valid, unexpired Class A CDL.
- Valid, unexpired, registered DOT medical card.
- Previous experience with safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle in compliance with regulations.
- Experience with clear and effective communication with office staff.
- Up to 11 hours of driving and up to 14 hours of combined on duty.
- Drives may spend some of their time out of doors, exposed to potentially difficult environmental conditions.
- Drivers may be subject to irregular work schedules, temperature, and weather extremes, long trips, short notice for assignment of a trip, urgent delivery schedules in compliance.
- Kneeling and crouching required to inspect vehicle.
- Hook and unhook trailers from the tractor.
- Ability to slide trailer axles. This involves lateral pulling.
- Load and unload trailer, either individually or with assistant of dockworkers and mechanical freight-handling equipment.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to rarely 5% of lift/carry 50lbs or more.
- Prolonged sitting.
- Ability to climb in and out of a commercial motor vehicle with height of up to 5 feet.
For a complete list of all jobs available with Express Employment please visit our website at www.Expresspros.com/GrandForksND.
Express Office: Grand Forks
3590 South 42nd Street
Grand Forks, ND 58201