Located in Indianapolis, IN
- Responsible for welding production orders or components using MIG and/or TIG processes to meet customer and quality specifications.
- This involves using training or knowledge of welding techniques, knowledge of set-up requirements and meeting established production requirements on consistent basis.
- Read previously prepared setup sheets and routing package for individual parts. Determines what tooling is needed and where it is located.
- Follows established set-up requirements and ensures settings are correct.
- Receives approval on setup pieces as required.
- Operates machine to run production and performs quality inspections as required by the written Quality Procedures. Makes necessary adjustments during production runs to stay in tolerances.
- May use templates, fixtures, surface plate, calipers, snap gauges, or other inspection tools to measure welded components, bead size, or other necessary dimensions per blueprint. Watches for presence of burn through, cold starts, lack of penetration, bead size, or other indications of suspect welds.
- Complete records of production including scrap or rework reasons.
- Move parts to the subsequent operation with pallet jack.
- Assists Group leader in writing new or changing existing Setup Sheets. May assist Engineering in developing new processes and trying out new tooling.
- Participate in the corrective action process to prevent defects from recurring.
- Follow procedures consistently to obtain repeatability.
- Participate in team meetings seeking continuous improvements for the operation.
Location: West Indianapolis, IN.
Position Type: Evaluation hire.
Schedule: 3:30pm-2:00am Monday-Friday.
Pay: $15.00-$20.00/hr (based on experience)
- Must maintain certification on all welding methods required.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude, proficiency in shop math, ability to reach and follow specific routing instructions, ability to read and understand setup instructions, ability to read blueprints, proficiency in the use of appropriate measuring instruments, ability to check quality of parts against templates.
- Must pass the setup test.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle production requirements and demonstrated problem solving ability from previous work.
- Must have the ability to stand for 8 hour shift or longer.
- Must have hand tools necessary to inspect parts and make adjustments to machines.
- Solid work experience.
- Will have to take a MIG and TIG welding test.
- High School Diploma or GED.
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you will never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you're looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals, including Administrative, Industrial, and Professional positions. Let us help you today! For more information, please visit our website www.Expressindywest.com
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates
- Referral Bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan
- Direct Deposit
- Holiday/Vacation Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability For a complete listing of all open positions, visit Our Jobs page.
How to apply:
Email your resume to Ellie.Shrock@expresspros.com
Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
Office: 6233 Corporate Drive Indianapolis, IN 46278; near the 71st street exit of 465 on the NW side of Indianapolis.
For up to date job postings, prize giveaways, and MORE; follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Express Office: Indianapolis (West)
6233 Corporate Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46278