Building Maintenance Technician
Located in Plainfield, IN
As a Building Maintenance Technician, you will inspect, maintain, repair, and replace building mechanical and electrical systems as well as pumps, motors and controls on production equipment. You might work with access control systems, building heating and refrigeration systems, fire detection and protection systems, and other building mechanical and electrical systems.
- Perform minor and major repair of all buildings and non-network related equipment
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on building and production mechanical equipment; inspect belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, etc.
- Calibrate and repair pneumatic systems.
- Maintain all records of the repair and maintenance work conducted in a facility
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required
- Troubleshoots processes and has the ability to diagnose mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems associated with process equipment.
- Fabricating parts, operating machining equipment such as lathes, grinders, etc.
- Working with outside contractors and vendors
- Provide efficient and timely equipment service to allow the continuance of daily business operations
- Provide facilities maintenance when problems arise (i.e. unclogging drains, changing light bulbs, snow removal, etc.)
- Completing simple tasks such as hanging dry erase boards, painting,
- Read and interpret manuals, blue prints, and other written materials needed to complete projects and tasks with assistance if necessary
- Understand and comply with all OSHA and facility safety procedures including, but not limited to lock-out/tag-out
- Efficiently manage time and meet all specified deadlines
- Be the on-call contact for the alarm service to contact in the event of an emergency
- Complete all other tasks asked of you by supervisor
Location: Plainfield, IN.
Schedule: 6:00am-2:30pm Monday-Friday.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems, as well as some metal fabrication experience.
- Knowledge of safety requirements is also a must.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Depending on business demands this individual may be asked to work additional hours, flexible schedule, and/or perform additional job responsibilities.
- Will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, and pull throughout the shift.
- Fabrication experience
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you will never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you're looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals, including Administrative, Industrial, and Professional positions. Let us help you today! For more information, please visit our website www.Expressindywest.com
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates
- Referral Bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan
- Direct Deposit
- Holiday/Vacation Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability For a complete listing of all open positions, visit Our Jobs page.
How to apply:
Email your resume to Ellie.Shrock@expresspros.com
Express Office: Indianapolis (West)
6233 Corporate Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46278