Production Supervisor/Processing Operator $30/hr Sat-Sun 6am-6pm
Located in East Grand Forks, MN
• Ensure that plant operations are compliant with food safety regulations and occupational safety regulations (FDA, OSHA, EPA, etc.).
• Work with the food safety team to carry out food safety risk assessments and corrective actions as appropriate to maintain safe and legal products.
• Make sure that production employees under supervision adhere to company procedures and policies.
• Follow the orders of plant management to mill / process products according to the production schedule and to attain most profitable product yields.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Must communicate milling / processing issues or concerns to the manager in charge.
• Perform processing control checks according to procedures and specification requirements.
• Verify the function of processing equipment according to the food safety program (i.e. foreign material control devices, etc.).
• Perform preoperative / post sanitation inspections to ensure that equipment is intact and is free from build-up or other contaminants.
• Maintain sufficient documentation in support of the food safety program.
Maintenance of Processing Equipment:
• Work with the maintenance department to sustain integrity and proper function of processing equipment and components.
• Work with the food safety team to regularly inspect and maintain control of necessary wood, glass, brittle plastics, ceramics and sharp metals.
• Inspect / replace sieve screens and equipment components as defined by the food safety program.
• Perform preoperative / post sanitation inspections to ensure that equipment is intact, free from build-up or other contaminants.
• Oversee the boiler inspection / boiler water testing process and maintain inventory of boiler chemicals (as applicable).
Management of Production Employees:
• Work with management as necessary to maintain safe and efficient plant operations.
• Make sure that production employees working directly under the supervisors’ authority are well informed of information needed to carry out their tasks appropriately.
• Verify the accuracy of assigned tasks and documentation completed by employees under direct supervision.
• Encourage team work and a positive work environment for all production employees under the supervisors’ jurisdiction.
• Privately address employee behavior issues in a tactful manner. Repeat offenses must be brought to the attention of the plant manager and president. A determination must be made in regards to the fate of the employees’ job status.
• Work with the complaint team to resolve customer complaints in a timely manner.
• Participate in sample match up exercises to determine whether a proposed specification can be met.
• Knowledge of processing / milling equipment operations
• Ability to delegate tasks appropriately
• Consistent supervision of personnel
• Ability to communicate effectively with management and production workers
• Promote employee team work and productivity within the areas of supervision
• Ability to lift 100 lbs.
Express Office: Grand Forks
3590 South 42nd Street
Grand Forks, ND 58201