Teller Credit Union
Located in Utica, NY
Salary: $11.94-$14.00 DOE
Summary: Performs a wide range of transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high accuracy. Maintains accurate transactional records. Provides a variety of member savings, share draft/checking, and credit account transactions, as well as member services such as sales of money orders and traveler's checks by performing the following duties.
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets and welcomes members and visitors to the credit union in specific service-related information concerning credit union services and policies.
- Provides comprehensive, prompt, accurate and efficient member transactions.
- Receives share draft/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verifies amounts, and enters withdrawals into system accurately.
- Cashes share drafts/checks from a variety of accounts upon proper verification according to credit union policies and procedures.
- Assists with mail or email transactions, when available.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Issues traveler's checks, money orders, CDs and U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amount to computer generated proof sheet and then researches and resolves any discrepancies; reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- May assist other tellers research and resolve discrepancies.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, and brochures.
- Maintains an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers.
- Maintains an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures.
- Cross-sells credit union services such as safe deposit boxes, traveler's checks, debit cards, credit cards, online banking or other promotional products where available.
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other payments and ensures the payments match the balances due and enters the payments into computer
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Requirements: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and less than one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Successful candidate will have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with spreadsheet software, accounting software. internet software, and database software.
Due to the fiduciary nature of this position, a background check and credit check are required prior to hire.
Please submit your resume to this posting. You can also visit us online at www.expressmohawkvalley.com to complete our application or contact our office at 315-790-5723 with any questions.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.94 to $14.00 /hour
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502