Located in Seattle, WA
Are you looking for extra income and are an experienced scheduler?! Please look at this great opportunity my client has to offer. This is a Saturday and Sunday shift for a great company in Tukwila, WA.
This position is responsible for scheduling Home Health clinical staff visits for a multi-disciplinary team of RN’s, PT’s, OT’s, SLP’s, MSW’s, LPN’s, PTA’s, COTA’s and HHA’s. This position is the main hub of support and communication for clinicians to ensure efficient and coordinated service delivery. The Scheduler coordinates and collaborates with the Patient Access RN, the Patient Care Coordinators and the Patient Access Services Manager to create smooth and accurate transfer of information to provide the highest level of patient care.
II. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Two to three (2-3) years experience in office environment, preferably in health care setting.
· Case assignment experience preferred.
· Experience in coordination or scheduling out-of-office staff, preferable in the health care industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Requires ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to follow appropriate communications channels
· Demonstrated knowledge of phone etiquette
B. Team Building/Interpersonal Skills
· Demonstrates competency by maintaining positive, collaborative, and constructive interpersonal relationships
· Understands and practices the principles of effective teamwork.
· Makes accurate medically based decisions on a variety of Home Health criteria
C. Work Prioritization/Flexibility/Adaptability
· Demonstrates ability to prioritize work assignments and meet productivity and quality standards
· Adapts easily to changes in work assignments and environment, is willing to assume additional responsibility and learn new procedures
· Effective organizational skills
D. Computer/Office Skills
· Ability to use standard office equipment including personal computers, telephones, copiers and fax machines
· Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred and understanding of healthcare databases
· Ability to type proficiently
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Responsible for coordination and case assignment based on clinical skill set and competency for a multidisciplinary team of clinical staff including RN, LPN, PT, PTA, OT, SLP, MSW, HHA and registry/contracted staff and after hours staff.
· Responsible for overseeing and ensuring that clinical staff are maximizing productivity by ensuring proactive, quick and timely case assignment and case adjustments and attending visits promptly from daily itineraries. Works closely with Clinical Manager and Patient Care Coordinator to assure case assignment and scheduling is appropriate and fully utilizing the orders and plan of care.
· Assist with timeliness of care plans for delivery of home health services with goal of optimal patient outcomes and appropriate reimbursement.
· Provide Referral Services and clinical staff clerical support. Accepts referrals from Intake, directs and assigns appropriate clinicians, prepares appropriate documentation for all new referrals.
· Provide data entry administrative support to Home Health clinical staff.
· Responsible for first step clerical review of all OASIS documentation and facilitating the correction and timely flow of OASIS documentation.
· Establishes and promotes positive working relationships both within the team, agency and organization.
· Assist with documentation review to ensure appropriate provision of care, utilization of resources.
· Responsible for assignment of skilled and non-skilled care, monitoring clinical care assignment to maximize patient outcomes, reimbursement and clinician productivity.
· Assist with accurate and timely implementation of corrections to clinical records that will be used for the utilization review process especially the evaluation of LUPAS, achieving Therapy Thresholds and the careful evaluation of proper case management and visit utilization reporting.
· Comply with all applicable Federal, State and local laws, regulations and requirements as well as facility/agency specific policy and procedures.
· Maintain confidentiality of all client demographics, medical and financial information at all times. Maintain confidentiality of all company and client information. Ensure proper handling and disposal of confidential documents and adheres to all HIPAA rules and regulations.
· Strong multi-tasking abilities to proactively monitor two to three software programs simultaneously throughout the day.
· Triage and troubleshoot incoming calls directed to clinical staff from Physicians and assists with coordination of information as appropriate.
· Track and maintain care data as requested.
· Will cross train and provide back-up support as needed for Operations department, including Intake Department, HIS II and Executive Assistant.
Performs other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Express Office: Seattle
2401 Fourth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121