Located in Utica, NY
A Not-For-Profit agency is seeking a Payroll Clerk to assist in the processing of the Agency's payroll. Other responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the timely collection of all time sheets and job tickets inclusive of cross referencing, totaling, and checking for completeness; with follow-up as appropriate.
- Performs data entry, maintains file system and completes research requests.
- Monthly reporting for SSI earning, statistical summaries, and other necessary reports.
- Prepares vendor invoices for benefit deductions including but not limited to: life insurance, 401k, pension loan payments, etc.
- Assists payroll manager as needed and maintains the payroll process in the absence of the payroll manager.
- Assists with data entry in other Financial Management departments as necessary.
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is required
- High school diploma, 2 years related experience or related AS degree and 1 year of experience.
- Must be familiar with spreadsheets
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502