Architectural Technologist/Design Coordinator
Located in London, ON
Salary: $34,000 to $45,000 Annually
Architectural Technologist / Design Coordinator
Salary Range: $34,000 to $45,000 Annually - To be offered based on related experience
*This position IS accessible by Bus Route*
Perks / Work Environment:
- Open concept office with lots of windows and natural light to work in, glass walls around the project managers and estimators so you can see what’s going on and keep a pulse on the office.
- Onsite manufacturing so you can visit the production floor to see/touch the product you design.
- Multiple lounge areas to meet and discuss projects in a team setting including couches.
- Beautiful lunch/lounge areas indoors in addition to an outdoor rooftop patio with seating/tables that is accessible to all staff during business hours.
- 2 Fun days per year that are company sponsored for events like ball games, axe throwing etc.
- Monthly events on the last Friday of each month to celebrate the hard work of the team, food and games are brought out including ping pong tables that are available daily.
- 6 Week Training program upon starting for introduction to the product and industry.
Architectural Design Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Architectural Technology or related.
- 2+ Years in an Architectural Firm drafting and designing in either Residential or Commercial Buildings for new construction or renovation projects.
- Prior experience designing projects in Canada using the Ontario Building Code is required.
- Initiative and willingness to learn, ability to work well in teams and independently.
This position involves the management of multiple projects from concept, fabrication through to assembly at the customer site. The role is Designing/Drafting all aspects of the projects, coordination and communication of the conceptual development, organization, installation/construction and management in all phase, in addition but not limited to:
- Following the companies drafting standards you would be creating 2D shop drawings and 3D Models / Simulations using AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit
- Performing detailed shop drawings and assembly for different Architectural exterior cladding systems
- Review design requirements and determine best design options for building projects.
- Valuate site conditions and limitations for construction projects.
- Maintain all documentations related to architectural designs and construction conditions.
- Update existing design techniques with respect to latest building standards/codes.
- Maintain and organize project files, production and budget tracking, and summary of project invoicing.
- Create Design and Construction Packages by pulling together 1st and 2nd Submittals, Sheet Layouts, Quantity Reports, Site Dimensions, Fabrication Tickets and As Built Drawings
- Maintain contract with more complex subcontractor scopes and subcontract administration, including defining work scope, answering inquiries, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains and supervises project document control and procedures, including administering RFI's and review/distribution of shop drawings.
- Provide project status updates to management and stakeholders on regular basis with overall project performance, including cost management, scheduling, quality of work, health and safety, and project status.
- Managing the change order process, including price negotiation, processing, and assessing cost and schedule impact.
To Apply: Please submit your resume to Kaitlyn.Kirby@ExpressPros.com
Express Office: London
300 Dundas Street
London, ON N6B 1T6