Business Development Representative
Located in Hillsboro, OR
Business Development Representative
Pay: 70,000/yr plus commission
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Direct Hire Opportunity
This position is responsible for leading the industrial project business development effort for landed Power, Oil & Gas and Petrochemical projects. Responsible for domestic expansion and cooperatively organizing, influencing and executing global opportunities. Responsible for training and success of the NGOM sales team members.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Directing, supporting and overseeing industrial project opportunities located in the Non-Gulf of Mexico region; working with and through local project business development personnel.
- Independently develop, define, secure and execute turnkey projects with targeted world scale NGOM projects with End-Users assigned for personal pursuit. This is a value driven sales process that must elevate the perception of labeling early in the project lifecycle.
- Initiate relationships and sales process within client operations group and selected engineering firms during the FEED stage of targeted large-scale projects.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of industry standards and regional regulatory requirements for downstream projects.
- Establish high level relationships within targeted clients and engineering firms. Develop opportunities to consult with targeted firms in providing input and/or drafting of corporate and project specifications and philosophies for identification.
- Identify all potential turnkey projects with links to other global offices to define an effective strategy to secure the work and establish consistency.
- Collaborate with production and field services departments to coordinate the execution of projects to meet client expectations. Responsible for client follow up to ensure expectations are achieved.
- Develops Project Definition Document (PDD) to accurately reflect the scope of work sold for the project.
- Responsible for monthly billing to clients.
- Collects and organizes all appropriate information required to generate project estimates. Works closely with management, work groups and estimation team to develop estimates and all required project documentation.
- Prepares, submits and presents all project proposals and supporting documentation required to prospective clients.
- Acts as liaison between the client and the company.
- Develops annual sales forecasts for the NGOM sales team.
- Attends appropriate seminars, conferences, and meetings to remain current on industry trends.
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred (significant relevant sales experience will otherwise be considered)
- Experience selling (5-7 years min.) to the Power, Oil & Gas and/or process industry a plus
- Strategic Thinking – Acts with the future in mind. Aligns decisions with corporate strategic plan. Considers the future impact when weighing decisions. Constantly thinks in terms of expanding the business; looks for new ways to grow and achieve competitive advantage.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to effectively work with and communicate technical concepts and information.
- Customer Orientation – Views the organization through the eyes of the customer. Goes out of their way to anticipate & meet customer needs. Seeks market information.
- Integrity – Thinks and acts ethically and honestly. Applies ethical standards of behavior to daily work. Takes responsibility for their actions.
- Relationship Building – Devote appropriate time and energy to establishing and maintaining networks. Like interacting with people and is good at it. Able to utilize relationships to facilitate business transactions.
- Communication - Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from production, R&D, sales, finance, IT, and customers.
- Influence – Directs, persuades, and motivates others. Flexes style to direct or collaborate with others. Establishes a personal network built on mutual trust, fairness, and honesty.
- Computer proficient. Working knowledge of MS Office applications, CRM and business operating systems.
- Travel up to 75%
For immediate consideration:
Please submit your resume by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Short Term Disability and Life insurance policies, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, Referral Bonuses, Direct Deposit with weekly pay and much more!!
Express Office: Hillsboro (Portland Metro)
1001 Southeast Tualatin Valley Highway
Hillsboro, OR 97123