Manufacturing Engineer- Electrical
Located in Pembina, ND
Manufacturing Engineer or Technologist (Electrical) works closely
with and supports the production team and electricians by providing
technical support on issues related to the coach build and improve
the overall build process. Also, you will assist production planning,
continuous improvements and root cause analysis, as well as
participate in problem solving and continuous improvement events.
• Assists electricians and production with the first and subsequent
builds of new electrical systems or revisions to existing systems.
• Perform extensive troubleshooting of malfunctions, using complex
electrical and electronic equipment.
• Install new equipment and instrumentation, performing all final
adjustments and calibrations to place the system into operation.
• Provides point of use routing and the assembly sequence for all
components through the sub assembly and coach assembly line.
• Prepares proposed design changes or revisions to correct design
• Review technical drawings and project documentation to ensure
completeness, accuracy and quality of control engineering designs.
• Continually identifies, suggests and implements studies and
reports to prevent repetitive malfunctions and to reduce the overall
cost of the coach.
• Review, calibrate and adjust a wide variety of electrical
• Researches the latest technology and manufacturing practices or
identifies improvements to current practices/processes and
introduces these into production.
• Attends Problem solving meetings where a cross functional team
will review given areas and make marked improvements in process.
• Prepares documentation for production as needed to ensure
coaches are built per coach design and customer requirements
(procedures, work instructions, visual aids, etc.).
• Participate in lean and six sigma manufacturing initiatives as they
relate to site as assigned such as 5S, value stream mapping etc.
Required Skills and Experience
• Certified Electrical Engineer/ Engineering Technologist or
acceptable equivalent of education and/or
• One to five-year experience in a manufacturing setting preferable
• Demonstrated knowledge of electrical standards.
• English language fluency (read, write, speak and understand).
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and
documentation (e.g. blue prints).
• Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision and
• Computer skills: typing, ability to use of Microsoft Office and
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including
experience working with people in a manufacturing environment.
Express Office: Grand Forks
3590 South 42nd Street
Grand Forks, ND 58201