Carpentry and Coverer
Located in Winston-Salem, NC
We are recruiting for an upholsterery or coverer for a long-term position at Collins Aerospace, at 1455 Fairchild Drive. The pay is $12.18/hr, and the hours are 1st shift, 7a-3:30pm or 8a-4:30pm.
• Work from verbal instructions, work orders, trim and finish drawings, pick sheets, and technical drawings. Perform covering installations and adjustment operations on all piece components. Perform basic trim operations to fabricate, assemble, pad, and cover flat and 3D panel composite pieces using appropriate adhesives per spec. Make all final adjustments, alignments, and corrections necessary to assure compliance to all quality and specification requirements.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
• Perform all covering on flat and 3D panel composite pieces.
• Understand and utilize trim and finish drawings, work orders, job cards, and verbal/written instructions to properly and efficiently assemble all piece part components.
• Set up and use all types of covering fixtures and jigs to complete components.
• Make all final checks and adjustments required for proper fit of covering materials on panels.
• Make adjustments and repairs to the piece part component by trimming and alignment of material, cleaning, and straightening parts and assemblies as required.
• Handling and working with high grade covering materials commonly used is Super First Class Seating.
• Ensure conformance to blueprints, written procedures, and quality specifications
• Move materials to and from work position
• Keep accurate records and make reports in accordance with work performance requirements
• Smoothly and efficiently meet all production and quality standards
• Identify and notify supervision of non-compliance difficulties
• Maintain a clean and safe work area and report all discrepancies to management.
• Represent B/E Aerospace, Inc. in a professional and businesslike manner at all times.
TYPICAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT INVOLVED:
• Sanders, pliers, adhesive spray gun, scissors, razor blades, and any other hand tool required in the covering flat and 3D panel components.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent
• Completion of the following trainings:
• Ability to complete, understand and apply the following::
o Risk Analysis Covering Process
o Covering Level 1
o Covering Level 2
o Blueprint Reading 1
o Blueprint Reading 2
o Covering Cell Material Handling
o 3M Application Process
o Chemical Handling
• Working knowledge of basic shop math
• Ability to fill out standard forms and records
• Understanding of all data collection devices and computers, and the ability to enter and retrieve data from PCs as required
• Ability to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to 50 pounds
NOTE: The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Express Office: Winston-Salem
159 Jonestown Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27104