Parts Prime and Prep
Located in Winston-Salem, NC
We are recruiting for a parts primer and prepper for a long-term position at Collins Aerospace, at 1455 Fairchild Drive. The pay is $12.18/hr, and the hours are 1st shift, 7a-3:30pm or 8a-4:30pm.
Work from verbal instructions, work orders, trim and finish drawings, pick sheets, and technical drawings. Perform primer and prepping operations on all piece components. Perform component preparation using sanding techniques required for a smooth application of primer applications. Apply primers to composite, sheet metal, veneer and kydex pieces with appropriate paint per specifications.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
• Perform sanding and cleaning operations in preparation for the component priming operation.
• Perform cleaning masking and preparation prior to primer process.
• Perform component body work by applying ATR-1000 bondo to low/cavity areas for an even finish.
• Understand and utilize trim and finish drawings, work orders, job cards, and verbal/written instructions to properly prepare components for prime and finish process.
• Set up and use all types of sanding fixtures and jigs to complete components.
• Make all final checks to ensure components are ready for the prime and paint process.
• Make repairs to the piece part component by re-sanding as required for a smooth finish of material, parts and assemblies as required.
• Handling and working with high grade covering materials commonly used is Super First Class Seating.
• Ensure conformance to blueprints, written procedures, and quality specifications
• Move materials to and from work position
• Keep accurate records and make reports in accordance with work performance requirements
• Smoothly and efficiently meet all production and quality standards
• Identify and notify supervision of non-compliance difficulties
• Maintain a clean and safe work area and report all discrepancies to management.
• Represent B/E Aerospace, Inc. in a professional and businesslike manner at all times.
TYPICAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT INVOLVED:
• Dual Action Sanders, block sanders, pliers, primer spray gun, scissors, razor blades, and any other hand tool required in the priming of components.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent
• 1 year experience in component preparation and priming
• Ability to complete, understand and apply the following:
o Preparation and Priming Level 1
o Blueprint Reading 1
o Sherwin Williams/Manckwitz filler primer
o ATR-1000 Bondo body filler application
o Chemical Handling
• Working knowledge of basic shop math
• Ability to fill out standard forms and records
• Understanding of all data collection devices and computers, and the ability to enter and retrieve data from PCs as required
• Ability to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to 50 pounds
Express Office: Winston-Salem
159 Jonestown Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27104