Located in Winston-Salem, NC
We are recruiting for a parts painter & buffer for a long-term position at Collins Aerospace, at 1455 Fairchild Drive. The pay is $14.23/hr, and the hours are 1st shift, 7a-3:30pm or 8a-4:30pm.
Work from verbal instructions, work orders, trim and finish drawings, pick sheets, and technical drawings. Perform Paint and Buffing operations on all piece components. Perform finish and high end buffing operations composite, sheet metal, and veneer and kydex pieces with appropriate paint per specifications. Make all final touch up and corrections necessary to assure compliance to all quality and specification requirements.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
• Mix customer paint at customers request for production use as well as color match for customer requirements.
• Perform cleaning masking and final preparation prior to paint process.
• Perform application of multiple final color coats of lacquers, enamel and clear coat finish on components.
• Perform buffing for high end veneer and hydro print components.
• Prioritize and ensure timely turnaround of work orders.
• Understand and utilize trim and finish drawings, work orders, job cards, and verbal/written instructions to properly complete all piece part components.
• Set up and use all types of paint hold fixtures and jigs to complete components.
• Make all final checks, cleaning and touch up required for completed finished components.
• Handling and working with high grade paint materials commonly used is Super First Class Seating.
• Ensure conformance to blueprints, written procedures, and quality specifications
• Move materials to and from work position
• Keep accurate records and make reports in accordance with work performance requirements
• Smoothly and efficiently meet all production and quality standards.
• Certify quality of work.
• Identify and notify supervision of non-compliance difficulties
• Maintain a clean and safe work area and report all discrepancies to management.
• Represent B/E Aerospace, Inc. in a professional and businesslike manner at all times.
TYPICAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT INVOLVED:
• Dual Action Sanders, spray gun, scissors, razor blades, buffers and any other hand tool required in the finish painting and buffing components process.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent
• 4 years’ experience high-end paint finish coverings
• Ability to complete, understand and apply the following:
o Paint prep, buffing priming and finish Level A and B
o Blueprint Reading 1 and 2
o Paint Material Handling
o Sherwin Williams/Manckwitz paint process
o Chemical Handling
• Must become a Certified Operator and acquire a Quality Stamp for the Covering area within 90 days of becoming a Painter A
• Working knowledge of basic shop math
• Ability to fill out standard forms and records
• Understanding of all data collection devices and computers, and the ability to enter and retrieve data from PCs as required
• Ability to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to 50 pounds
Express Office: Winston-Salem
159 Jonestown Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27104