Located in London, ON
Salary: offered based on OSPE Range
On behalf of my Engineering Consulting client in London we are recruiting for an Electrical Designer with previous experience designing using the Ontario Building Code (OBC). The ideal candidate would be a P.Eng OR a registered EIT and within 1 year of obtaining Professional Engineering license; proven project examples they’ve designed electrical systems for in Canada.
Note: Salary bands are offered based on OSPE's recommended engineering salaries for Ontario
Work Environment / What’s in it for you:
- Young, progressive company with tenured staff with over 10 years on the team
- California Friday’s – office closes at 2:30 p.m. every Friday in Summer
- Collaborative team focused culture that supports cross training and development
- Project mix of Residential and Commercial Projects
- Working with Revit on larger projects and AutoCAD on smaller projects
- RRSP Matching up to 4% contributions after 1 year and Benefits available from starting
- Competitive Salaries with banked overtime up to 4 hours per week allowed for lieu days
- Involvement in the electrical design process for projects of varying complexity
- Electrical design drawings and documents including power distribution, photometrics, lighting system, controls, emergency power, fire alarm and data communications
- Preparing electrical single line drawings, panel schedules, details etc.
- Preparing tender packages for procurement of equipment and installation
- Assisting with field reviews during construction, prepare site instructions, and field review reports
- Communicate with clients, building owners, architects, contractors, utilities, and building authorities; assist in working through construction support issues
- Update and manage master electrical specifications
- Project Management including planning, proposals, scheduling, delegation of responsibilities, project supervision, technical content and review, client liaison, invoicing and profitability
- Assist with marketing services and writing proposals
- Registered Engineer in training OR Professional Engineer
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and Minimum 2 years’ experience in design in Canada
- Previous experience with Electrical Design using AutoCAD
- Design Experience with Lighting, Fire Alarm, Power Distribution and Power Generation
- Relevant project examples in either Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Education or Healthcare
- Understanding of and experience with relevant codes including OESC, OBC, OFC as well as CSA, ASHRAE and IES standards.
- Experience with the OBC from 2012 or more recent including energy efficiency requirement, life safety systems, barrier free access experience
- Ability to pass a formal technical interview with the Electrical Department Leader
Founded over 15 years ago, this company is an industry leading, multi-disciplinary engineering firm providing services in Electrical, Mechanical, Fire Protection, Civil and Structural Engineering. With new offices located in London and Waterloo they are a recognized name in the building services industry.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter if you have one to Kaitlyn.Kirby@ExpressPros.com you will be contacted within a few days if you are qualified. Inquiries are welcome 519-672-7620.
Express Office: London
300 Dundas Street
London, ON N6B 1T6