Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
Located in Nevada, IA
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understand and embrace continuous improvement initiatives: support a team environment, improve production processes, follow all standard work and expose production issues to the leadership team.
- Operate converting equipment by following all established standard work.
- Understand and embrace continuous improvement initiatives.
- Performs sign offs, quality checks, inspect job samples and provides breaks to associates, as needed.
- Maintain and record job times and quantities for reporting, job tickets and computer software entry.
- Monitor and ensure safety compliance and good housekeeping, including but not limited to:
- Cleaning/washing equipment parts
- Keeping carton area clean and orderly/breaking down cartons
- Cleaning gum boxes as needed
- Cleaning around and under equipment/gathering used rags
- Emptying/disposal of waste and recycle containers
- Stacking/organizing skids
- Clear jams, restart machinery and roll tend (when needed) on converting equipment.
- Inspect, pack and stack finished product.
- Obtaining and prepare carton supplies for each envelope job.
- Review and match samples to job ticket specification.
- Participate in and promote team problem solving and process improvement.
- Additional duties and projects, as required.
Express Office: Ames
1110 Buckeye Avenue
Ames, IA 50010