Located in Chico, CA
Salary: $50K - $60K Salary
Express Employment is looking for an Operations Manager.
Work Hours: 5 P.M. – 2 A.M./ 6 A.M. 8 – 12 Hours
The Night Operations Manager is responsible for planning and managing all personnel and functions of night warehouse operations. The manager ensures that all technology, systems, procedures, and processes are in place to ensure safe, accurate, and efficient execution of all departmental tasks. The manager also oversees the site, facility, and equipment.
Operations Manager is responsible for the continuous development, coaching, training, and motivating of their direct reports to ensure they are performing to their full potential and their respective departments are meeting or exceeding established financial objectives. Managers are responsible for being the resource for their direct reports and for ensuring that they have all the available tools to do their job efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee and monitor recruiting, training, scheduling and management of all night warehouse personnel to ensure PPF operational objectives are met and maintained.
- Train and Cross-train associates to ensure the highest level of customer service is provided and for promotion within the company.
- Monitor and direct all night warehouse personnel to ensure product rotation is on a First In-First Out basis.
- Manage shift personnel and resources to meet budget guidelines and financial goals.
- Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, and career development.
- Escalate issues to upper management as needed.
- Perform management tasks to maximize productivity of personnel and maintain adequate staffing levels.
- Monitor shift progress and make necessary changes in personnel and asset distribution to meet
- Resolve personnel problems and challenges when possible, escalate to upper management as appropriate.
- Administer fair, consistent, and effective discipline when appropriate. Investigate, document, and report all accidents and/or injuries and any damage to facility, equipment, or product.
- Communicate with Inventory Control to ensure warehouse layout and slotting is efficient for maximum accuracy and production.
- Ensure all products are maintained in the appropriate temperature zone throughout the processes of shipping.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and functional environment for all personnel.
- Inspect equipment for wear and for safe operation.
- Administer efforts to minimize product damage and waste.
- Ensure warehouse conditions are safe at all times.
- Enforce policies to ensure safety and compliance.
- Monitor operations to ensure safety, accuracy, and production objectives are met or exceeded.
- Ensure all trucks are loaded and completed on time for each day’s delivery.
- Conduct regular shift meetings with night personnel to maintain open communication and expedite problem solving.
- Ensure every associate is well informed and trained in the tasks assigned to them.
- Coordinate and manage efforts to minimize damage and ensure shortages and wrong-ships are at or below company standards.
- Perform administrative tasks to ensure the proper and timely completion of paperwork, including time/wage reporting, route manifests, and other required documentation.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to ensure that activities are performed safely.
- Review and approve all meal waivers. Time card edits, and delay time forms.
- Prepare and maintain records for accuracy, hours, production, as well as any other records required.
- Organize and maintain all reports and records as required.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- At least 2 years of warehouse experience preferred
- 2 years’ supervisory/ management experience
- Food service and/or manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret rules/guidelines
- Good computer skills; ability to learn internal applications
- Able to work in extreme temperatures (cold and hot)
- Strong attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks as needed
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and train others
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience operating warehouse material handling equipment (power jacks, forklifts).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Frequent standing and/or walking.
- Frequent bending and twisting while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift.
- Frequent lifting of 1-50 lbs. and turn body, occasionally up to 100lbs.
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing and pulling
- Frequent reaching, up to 72”.
- Constant use of visual and hearing abilities required to perform essential job functions and maintain warehouse safety standards.
- Frequent climbing/stepping on and off pallet jacks and/or forklifts, while performing material handling duties.
- Must exhibit a required level of endurance, energy and strength to successfully perform position.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Operations Manager” in the subject line. Call 530-282-2652 for an immediate interview over the phone. Apply online at www.expresspros.com and send online application to the Chico, Ca office.
Express Office: Chico
60 Independence Circle
Chico, CA 95973