Located in Bridgewater, NJ
Salary: Up to $30.00 Depending on Expe
Works under the direction of the Materials & Process Manager to handle all HSE requirements on a local level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes, but not limited to the responsibilities listed below. Other duties may be assigned relative to experience and company need:
- Plant Safety program
- Safety audits
- Workplace safety incidents
- Follow first responder(s) with investigation and fact finding
- Work with HR and any employees involved for remediation and follow up
- Document as necessary any information about incident
- Reconcile incident in whatever manner necessary, within ability to do so.
- Safety committee meetings
- Organize and possibly chair
- Reconcile action items
- PPE requirements
- Assist personnel in acquiring appropriate equipment
- Perform safety assessments as directed.
- Periodic audits of PPE compliance
- Emergency preparedness
- Spill response equipment
- Fire equipment
- Extinguisher inventory
- Fire detection maintenance
- Sprinkler maintenance
- Industrial waste management
- Waste inventory
- Arranging disposal
- Resolving spill incidents.
- Maintenance of OSHA program compliance
- Lockout / tagout program
- Haz Comm program
- OSHA 300 reporting system
- Community Right to Know
- Bloodborne pathogen
- “Hot work” requirements
- Maintenance of regulatory programs
- Stormwater compliance audits
- Hazardous materials and waste
- General – (Administrative)
- Assist management in the effective and efficient implementation of HSE policy and objectives
- Assist continuous improvement efforts throughout the plant
- Participate in 6S program (Company initiative)
- Safety indoctrination for employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Maintenance and promotion of any water and / or power saving initiatives
- Maintain training pertaining to HSE.
- Schedule all re-training
Works with production supervision and management in preparing personnel and services to facilitate an efficient operation plan on site. Ensures the implementation and maintenance of the integrated QHSE management system for the site.
As directed and as needed, the duties will require interaction with various internal functions as well as external.
Any other duties that may be relevant due to experience, capability, knowledge, and education that may be directed by superior management personnel.
Required Certifications, Education & Experience:
- No Certifications required.
- HS Diploma or GED (General Education Degree).
- College degree in technical discipline is desirable.
- Experience, minimum of 3 years in an industrial environment in the HSE Discipline.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient using MS Office and standard office applications.
- Ability to organize and maintain multiple priorities.
- Good record keeping and documentation ability.
- Effective verbal and written communication is essential.
- Ability to clearly communicate the HSE program to management as well as production personnel.
Candidate will be expected to perform some physical work. Handling of drums and totes will be part of the duties, but material handling equipment is available and expected to be utilized
Classic manufacturing production environment. Production area where majority of work will be accomplished is not climate controlled.
Express Office: Edison (South)
1090 King Georges Post Road
Edison, NJ 08837