Located in Manassas, VA
Now accepting applications for a full-time Machinist/Manual Operator. The Machinist/Manual Operator will utilize various industrial tools and will be responsible for the set up and operation of Manual Machining Equipment in tight tolerances. This position must maintain a clean and safe work area and perform a variety of duties including grinding, de-burring, cleaning of parts, cutting and removal of scrap. This position must read work orders to locate cutting layout lines on stock, to determine dimensions and tolerances, and to determine metal to be cut, type of blade to be used, blade tension, cutting speed, feed rate, table angle, and positions of table stops and guides. This position will accurately complete all paper work associated with work orders as well as performing other tasks as assigned.
- Capable of safely operating Manual Machining Equipment such as conventional milling machines, lathes, and drills
- Possesses knowledge of machining functions
- Capable of securing work pieces and operating stops and guides for proper alignment
- Must have knowledge of and experience with basic blueprints and drawings
- Able to use basic measure devices including a tape measure
- Able to calibrate Machining Equipment to appropriate angles and cut backs
- Must perform routine maintenance of all equipment associated with the operation of the Manual Machining Equipment.
- Must perform all necessary quality checks during production and follow procedures when defective parts are discovered.
- Demonstrates proficiency in reading and executing work orders and QA sheets
- Must have knowledge of steel shapes and sizes
- Preferred candidates will possess a high school diploma or GED, a minimum of 1 year of experience and general knowledge of worksite safety and machining operation
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, possess a positive attitude, and be willing to work independently or in a team environment
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule that may include extended work hours and occasional weekends
- Must possess excellent math skills including adding, subtracting, decimals and fractions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to work independently, follow instructions, multi-task while maintaining a clean work area.
- Must have your own tools.
Express Office: Stafford
233 Garrisonville Road
Suite 102 1/2 and 103
Stafford, VA 22554