Located in Thornhill, ON
Our client's busy Italian restaurant is looking for a professional and experienced Line Cook who can help prepare meals. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual who has Italian Cuisine experience and is committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business.
- Prepare basic components of each dish on our menu using our proven recipes
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
- Work with team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the restaurant
Are you qualified?
- 2-3 years experience in Italian Cuisine
- Ability to work on your feet for 8 hours or more
- High level of professionalism
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
- Evenings; start time around 4pm and end times around 10pm-11pm
- Full time opportunities with room for growth
- Our Richmond Hill branch is a small local office that is part of a larger organization - the best of both worlds.
We thank all that apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Express is a Full Service Human Resources Centre. If you do not possess the above skill set but would like to explore other opportunities we may have, please submit your resume specifying the career opportunities that would be of interest to you.
Express Office: Richmond Hill
9040 Leslie Street
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3M4