Senior IT Specialist
Located in Fowlerville, MI
Salary: $70K – $78K
Express Employment Professionals of Howell/Brighton is assisting a Fowlerville manufacturer who is looking to fill a Senior IT Specialist position with manufacturing experience. This is a Direct Hire opportunity
Leads Projects, Recommends Improvements, Consults Operating Units and Develops and directs other IT personnel.
- Creation of IT (operating) system concepts (hardware and software including networks, data bases, usage of operating systems, etc.) within the framework specified from parent Company. Consideration given to the development of the IT Market as well as the system requirements of the areas needed. Assess the integration capability of the IT units in the whole system.
- Research and recommend to IT Dept. Head different IT (operation) systems solutions and prepare negotiations through the IT Dept. Head and system providers (engage internal depts. if necessary). Determine scope of performance with the IT dept. head.
- Installation and oversight of local, standardized IT systems and OS related software according to the specifications of the system management.
-Installation & integration of basis, standard and special software (e.g. for UPS application).
-Set up data cross-overs according to specifications.
-Organization & distribution of software patches (e.g. office problems).
-Install, maintenance & upkeep of Company servers, tape backup, networks lines, etc.
-Quoting & ordering of computer hardware & software
-Set up & staging of new computers/accounts
-Set up new programs
-Troubleshoot & repair a variety of printers
- Analysis of disruptions in the system software.
-Identify & correct problems, as needed in conjunction with internal/external IT
-Correct mistakes for problems with networks, batch & data center processes
- Customization of IT systems & OS related software according to the specification of the system management.
-Software adjustments for newly installed hardware (e.g. generation of screen control units, printers)
-Tuning OS related software
-Testing of OS related 3rd party software (advise during the selection/purchase, according to the manufacturer description or operation standards.
-Adjustment & maintenance of data management software.
-Implementation of security standards including access permissions (WiFi & Network security)
-Assistance/support of system work & changes thru manufacturer personnel.
- Management & maintenance of master data such as e-mail addresses, permissions, etc.
- Phone (Land & Mobile) System Administrator working with Germany for specifications.
- Participate in interviewing, recommend for hire, train & direct additional staff for IT dept.
- Implement core strategy and operative tasks as prescribed by global IT Guidelines, developed in the headquarters in Germany.
- Integrate IT Policy from German mother Company into acceptable USA practices
- Communicate with International IT suppliers also used by parent company in Germany
- Communicate effectively with IT employees at parent Company
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-10 years experience as an IT administrator in a Manufacturing environment.
- 4-6 years experience utilizing & troubleshooting Microsoft Office, 2013
- 2-3 years troubleshooting issues with IPhones & exchange
- 2-5 years experience troubleshooting and maintaining Networks
- Ability to keep information confidential
- 2-3 years experience with Microsoft Active Directory Management
- 5-10 years experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education & work
- IT Certification programs preferred for Microsoft, etc
PREFER CANDIDATE TO HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH FOREIGN COMPANIES
Salary Range: $70K – $78K
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114