Located in Tucson, AZ
Verify products to appropriate visual and dimensional customer specifications. Share appropriate responsibility for final quality to the customer; complete required reports and understand the work cell priorities; work closely with production, scheduling, cell team lead, and packaging. Demonstrate dedication to "on time" results, committed to having no customer returns.
Comply with all customer requirements and company standard tolerances; identify visual defects and perform dimensional inspections; use sales orders to apply correct company and/or customer specifications or exceptions; read and understand pan prints and tolerances, know the order of governing documents; use a variety of measuring and data recording equipment, including at least micrometers (various types and sizes), profilometer, n metallurgical microscope w/camera; complete all required documentation.
High School diploma or equivalent
Knowledge of material defect identification and terminology helpful
Knowledge of product quality concepts and ISO 9001 principles
Some basic education or training, including OJT, in a job-related discipline or field some level of previous experience in a manufacturing setting
***MUST HAVE TWO YEARS of experience with Quality Inspection and supervising 5 or more associates ***
- Manual measuring/inspection — Able to use a variety of inspection and measuring tools and techniques, including: inspection micrometers, dial indicators, and similar measuring equipment
- Optical equipment such as comparators, optical measuring systems such as a Starrett inspection scope, microscopes
- Electronic measurement equipment such as CMM, Optiv optical CMM, tensile test equipment, XRF thickness measurement, laser micrometer, profilometer
- Operate nondestructive test equipment such as visible and florescent dye penetrant, ultrasonic, eddy current, etc.
- Misc. equipment such as digital weigh scale, vacuum packaging machine, washing/clean process,
- Understand and follow production routings, workflow instructions, or other verbal or written instructions
- Able to meet physical demands and tolerate environmental conditions as specified in the physical requirements document associated with the job
- Perform basic mathematical calculations and demonstrate reasoning ability
- Work effectively in a team environment, think creatively, problem solve, and work safely
****High likelihood of advancement. This company promotes from within!****
Express Office: Tucson (South)
6451 South Country Club
Tucson, AZ 85706