Press Operator - Henderson
Located in Henderson, TN
Press Operators needed in Henderson, TN
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Set up and operate a stamping press for routine established work.
- Select correct tooling for the job task with setup documents or supervisor/lead assistance.
- Load, install and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from supervisor/lead.
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations.
- Account for time and work completed, properly fill out daily tickets and maintain an accurate press log book.
- Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and completed work.
- Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance.
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Must have strong metal press forming and basic fabrication background.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly desired.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of fabrication, hydraulic press and/or punch operations including basic set up is desired.
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated competency in basic shop math.
- Basic ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawing aids.
- Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge.
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment to meet team expectations.
- Excellent attendance.
- Abide all company rules and policies consistently; especially regarding safety and quality procedures.
- Perform duties in accordance with all federal, state, local and company rules.
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs frequently.
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day.
- Work in a fast paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, gloves,
Express Office: Jackson
196 Carriage House
Jackson, TN 38305