Located in Starkville, MS
- Greeting patients and preparing them for examination or procedure. Recording health history of patient and noting abnormal conditions for physician. Instructing patients on collection of any necessary samples and tests. Obtaining vital signs and escorting patients to rooms.
- Assisting with the preparation of supplies and equipment and aiding the physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
- Giving injections, administering prescribed medications as directed by physician and in accordance with nursing standards. Observing, recording, and reporting patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Ensuring that patient chart entries are made accurately and in a timely matter and forwarding charts as appropriate. Maintaining patient files, records, and other information.
- Assisting with scheduling of tests and treatments..
- Collecting, documenting, and delivering lab specimens and obtaining lab test results and other reports.
- Notifying patients of test results and follow-up appointments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A degree from an accredited school of practical nursing is required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a hospital or clinic setting is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in accordance with state regulations
Express Office: Starkville
100 Starr Avenue
Starkville, MS 39759