HVAC and Building Maintenance Technician
Located in Utica, NY
Salary: $20-23 DOE
Large multi-site business seeks a well-qualified candidate to assume the role of HVAC and Building Maintenance Technician.
Position Summary: Performs troubleshooting, maintenance and service repairs on plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems. Also performs electrical repair/installation, EMCS computer monitoring; pneumatics, computerized or electronic controls installation when required.
- Performs preventative maintenance by following work orders to grease, oil, change filters, clean calibrate, adjust, test and inspect all heating/plumbing equipment. 30%
- Complete general plumbing repairs including repairing leaks, snaking out clogged drains, etc. Able to properly braze, solder, and make basic plumbing repairs. 25%
- Install and repair equipment by utilizing knowledge of hot water and steam heating, HVAC, plumbing and electrical procedures. Repair, charge and service residential and commercial A/C and kitchen equipment. Operate EMCS control systems including making system adjustments and correcting system errors. 25%
- Install and troubleshoot wiring and pneumatic controls for heating and air conditioning systems. 10%
- Respond to emergency situations as required during off duty hours 5%
- Perform additional duties outside of the position as required, within the Facilities group, when necessary. 5%
Education and Job-Related Experience: The position requires a minimum formal education of High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 to 5 years working as a maintenance mechanic in a commercial environment or demonstrated knowledge of heating, a/c units, pneumatic, electronic or computerized controls. EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification is required. Ability to read and follow detailed verbal/written instructions; complete daily work orders and paperwork. Familiarity with various computer applications (web based work order system, e-mail, Internet, etc.). 7G Pesticide Certification for cooling towers or AAS degree with 1 to 3 years job-related experience and EPA Universal Refrigeration preferred.
Significant portions of daily assignments involve: application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, prolonged standing, transporting material, or equipment; lifting, moving, or carrying heavy materials (over 50 lbs) for intermittent periods throughout the day; exposure to dirt, noise, and temperature or weather. Work may require evening, night, or weekend assignments on occasion and response to emergency situation outside of regular work hours.
Excellent benefits package with hiring rate of $20 to $23 hourly, commensurate with qualifications.
Please complete our application or contact our office at 315-790-5723 with any questions.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502