Located in Benton Harbor, MI
Benton Harbor, MI
Ways to Apply:
To assist the Superintendent with activities connected to the Superintendent office, including electronic systems for Board meetings, the District webpage, public communication and relations, organization of events, meetings, and internal communications with staff and Board, and community.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Special focus in the area of Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations, preferred.
- Experience with Technology, Communication, and Social Media.
- Experience organizing and completing tasks for a position at the CEO level of complex organizations.
- Five years of successful experience in education or business preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform secretarial duties for the Superintendent and prepare electronic materials for the Board of Education including board agendas and packets.
- Maintain and organize the Superintendent’s schedule, calendar, and communications.
- Attend Open Session Meetings and assist in the preparation of agendas, board folders, minutes and management of official Minute Book in electronic form.
- Write newsletters, press releases and other communication materials under the direction of the Superintendent for internal and external audiences.
- Design flyers, invitations, posters, and other promotional materials to inform the public of Benton Harbor programs and accomplishments.
- Working with the Superintendent to plan, implement and promote events that strengthen links between the school district and all community stakeholders.
- Electronically maintain and distribute updates of Board Policies and Administrative Guidelines, posting such on website and updating website as needed.
- Manage and file all media coverage pertaining to the District.
- Maintain contract files, both electronic and hard copy.
- Maintain confidentiality for all matters coming through the Superintendent’s office.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with Social Media and the ability to positively market the District using multiple mediums.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, create correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with the public tactfully and courteously and to work harmoniously with other employees and stakeholders.
- Ability to develop, follow and compute budgets for the Superintendent’s office.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite software program.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies, and to do so in a confidential manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk, hear and type using a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
Express Office: Saint Joseph
4070 Red Arrow Highway
Saint Joseph, MI 49085