Applications Support Analyst
Located in Utica, NY
Credit Union is seeking an Applications Support Analyst to be responsible for effective installation, configuration, programming, operation and maintenance of systems and software for the credit union. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting third party applications, researching new patches and software releases, testing and applying software updates, and helping with the configuration of new features.
- Assists with identifying the Credit Union's technical needs; benefits of current systems, software and products; creating a technical strategy, research and development within the project life cycle, technical analysis and design; and support of staff in executing, testing and implementation of the solutions
- Works closely with the Core Applications Project Analyst to provide programming support for the Credit Union’s ongoing projects
- Brings programming skills and experience to software development initiatives
- Implements, tests and maintains integrations between applications, Core System and other internal and external applications
- Assists project teams with technical issues and implementations
- Works with the Credit Union’s various Product Owners to provide Systems Administrative support to the various products, services and vendors that we interact with
- Is responsible for building positive relationships with vendors
- Handles the application license(s) and service agreements related to assigned applications that are acquired, executed and renewed as necessary
- Documents/updates processes and procedures for supporting applications
- Accurately troubleshoots and/or researches software so that issues are resolved quickly without significant interruption to service
- Maintains accurate and appropriate change control records
- Plans, prioritizes, estimates, manages and delivers projects and work efforts on time
- Supports with monthly and year-end systems and software processes
- Recommends modifications to business processes and technology to reduce user issues
- Provides on-call support on a rotating schedule or as needed for emergency situations, including outside of normal business hours
- Provides backup support for other Information Systems members
- Required to participate in the Credit Union events as well as designated Community events.
- Required to attend or participate in necessary compliance training, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy, OFAC, and Privacy.
- Required to attend training sessions as appropriate.
- Required to travel as needed
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four-year degree in a technical major, computer science degree preferred
- Technical knowledge and experience with configuring and deploying applications, applying patches and applying upgrades
- Familiarity with multiple computer languages (HTML, Python, R, Java Script, SOAP, C++, etc.)
- Understanding of principles, methods and techniques used in all phases of installation, administration and maintenance of systems, software and business systems
- Possess a general understanding of infrastructure and applications, with an emphasis on applications
- Excellent communication skills
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502