Located in Hackettstown, NJ
Express Employment in Hackettstown is interviewing for a Production Supervisor.
Responsible for coordinating bottling, keeping the plant, icebox and blow mold operating efficiently while complying with all US Public Health and sanitation requirements. Supervises employees and determines staffing assignments and levels needed to ensure efficient, safe operations daily. Ensures the smooth flow of operations of both production and cold storage areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing supervisory role; food industry preferred.
- Proven knowledge of warehouse operations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and direct large work force of hourly paid employees.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills: knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, Word and Lotus Notes.
- Well-developed organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and ensure timely completion of multiple projects.
- Strong supervisory and teamwork skills with a willingness to assist others.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays, and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Works cooperatively with others.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and ensure targets are met.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Benefits Offered when Working With Express:
- Medical, Vision, Dental- Benefit Eligibility
- INSTANT Referral Bonus Eligibility
- Access to job openings at hundreds of local, premier employers that are not posted online!
- Vacation Pay eligibility
- 401k eligibility
- Direct Deposit/Money Card
How to Apply:
- APPLY to this posting
- Sign up on our ExpressJobs App on your phone and apply there!
- CALL 908-813-8311
- VISIT our office at 453 Route 46 East, Suite 5, Hackettstown, NJ 07828
- Email: Amy.Lang@ExpressPros.com
Express Office: Hackettstown
453 Route 46
Hackettstown, NJ 07840