Machine Maintenance Technician
Located in Nashville, TN
Salary: $18.00 - $22.00/hour
Express Employment Professionals (Nashville North)
Machine Maintenance Technician
The Machine Maintenance Technician is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining large industrial equipment, as well as facility maintenance. Tasks include start-up and shut-down procedures, electrical troubleshooting, maintaining and operating boilers, welding and cutting, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, and other systems.
- Installs, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on industrial processing equipment, water levels, water systems and other equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoots electrical issues.
- Responds to daily maintenance requests in a timely fashion to minimize equipment downtime.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Looks for opportunities to continually improve maintenance processes.
- Works with all plant personnel in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Strictly adheres to all safety rules, policies and procedures that are recognized as common practice in the industry.
- Ensures work is performed safely and efficiently.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications. Remains current on equipment and repair procedures and best practices.
- Studies blueprints and manufacturers' manuals to determine correct operation of machinery.
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics.
- Maintains accurate and timely records of maintenance performed.
- Follows written and verbal instructions and performs other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Complies with all Federal, State and local laws.
- May work with and support other branch personnel as required by supervision.
- Drive and pick up parts, transport equipment, parts, etc. qualifications
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or other safety violations.
- Minimum of two years maintenance engineering experience with specific knowledge of machinery, electricity, electronics, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, welder and boiler applications.
- Proficient in the proper use of power and hand tools.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting ability of 3 phase 230 volt systems.
- PLC programming experience.
- Experience in carpentry, boiler repair, welding, and general facility repairs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, perform basic math, good time management
- Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement.
- High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Some locations may require relevant certifications, a boiler license or PLC programming.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
Express Office: Nashville (North)
2286 Rosa L Parks Boulevard
Nashville, TN 37228