HOT JOB! CNC Setup/Programmer (Temp-Hire)
Located in Oakland, NJ
JOB TITLE: CNC Setup/Programmer (Temp-Hire)
LOCATION: Passaic County, NJ
PAY RATE:Tto commensurate with Experience
DESCRIPTION: Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC)machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CNC Operator Machinist Skills and Qualifications:
- Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
Benefits Offered when Working with Express:
- Medical, Vision, Dental- Benefit Eligibility
- INSTANT Referral Bonus Eligibility
- Access to job openings at hundreds of local, premier employers that are not posted online!
- Vacation Pay eligibility
- 401k eligibility
- Direct Deposit/Money Card
How to Apply:
- APPLY to this posting
- Sign up on our ExpressJobs App on your phone and apply there!
- VISIT our office at350 Ramapo Valley Road Suite 130A Oakland, NJ between 8 AM-4PM Mon to Fri
Express Office: Oakland
350 Ramapo Valley Road
Copper Tree Shopping Plaza
Oakland, NJ 07436