QA Team Lead
Located in Buffalo, NY
Express Employment Professionals are looking for a QA Team Lead for a Medical Supply Manufacturing Company located in the Buffalo, NY area!
The QA Team Lead coordinates activities of personnel engaged in performing the inspection and testing required for quality assurance of processes and products. The Team Lead assists in the indirect supervision of 8 to 9 employees in the Quality Assurance Department. They carry out lead responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Schedule daily activities of the QA technicians for all 3 shifts
- Trains Technicians on required inspection techniques and regulatory requirements
- Conducts audits of area of responsibilities facilities, manufacturing processes, and SOP''s that affect the operation in the area
- Conducts QA inspections, as required, to ensure all products are inspected in a timely basis
- Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Maintains records and documents as required
- Possess complete knowledge of setup and operation for area of responsibility.
- Assigns, plans, and directs work of employees
- Enforces company policy and enforces safety regulations
- Provides input to and delivers employee performance reviews
- Addresses complaints and resolves employee problems
- Other duties as assigned
- Monitors daily processes to ensure compliance of inspection and testing required for quality assurance of processes and products
- Recommends improvements to Quality Assurance processes, QAS''s, and manufacturing processes
- Communicates with Quality Assurance Supervisor to make necessary changes of audits/inspections
Team Leaders are responsible for making sure that all employees comply with safety rules and regulations. Team leaders have the authority to take corrective action as appropriate.
The team leader''s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting and maintaining enthusiasm with respect to safety
- Carrying out safety policy and procedures as directed by the department manager
- Starting accident investigations when an employee is injured or reports a near miss, notifying the department supervisor of the investigation
- Assuring that employees are provided with and wear proper protective equipment
- Participating in safety meetings and providing ideas to improve the safety function
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to use common sense and knowledge of industry to handle daily questions/issues from workers, managers, etc.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write short correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Basic computer skills associated with traditional PC based software such as Microsoft Office required
- Working knowledge of inspections/audits, standard operating procedures, and ISO standards
- Associate''s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
Qualified and interested applicants please submit application or call the office to schedule an interview.
Express Employment Professionals
3140 Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226
Express Office: Buffalo
3140 Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226