Freight Brokerage Supervisor
Located in Kent, WA
The Freight Brokerage Supervisor oversees all brokerage operations and staff to ensure the safe and on-time delivery of customer shipments. Primary duties include operations management, process development, customer service, compliance management, inside sales, carrier development, and order processing.
- Source and screen Carriers to maximize service levels and minimize risk.
- Supervise and train support Team.
- Advance and expand existing network of customers.
- Assist in developing and negotiating pricing.
- Develop, implement, and monitor processes, systems, and software.
- Collect and report analytics.
- Minimum 3 years’ brokerage experience.
- Minimum 1-year supervisory experience.
- Proven Customer service skills and experience.
- Professional level communication skills (written and verbal).
- Intermediate computer proficiency using Microsoft Office and relational database software.
- Critical thinking skills including the ability to understand, effectively interpret and communicate complex situations.
- Experience in developing and implementing standardized processes.
- Experience in promoting and managing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and garner respect among customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Pricing and negotiation skills.
Express Office: Kent
841 Central Avenue North
Kent, WA 98032