Farm and Facility Maintenance
Located in Huxley, IA
Salary: $14 per hour
Express Employment Professionals of Ames, IA is currently seeking an independent and self-driven individual to perform facility and farm maintenance at our client’s facility in Huxley, IA! This is a long-term, full-time position.
This position involves various levels of field and building maintenance working independently. The individual must be 100% committed to promoting safe work practices and ability to work extended hours when needed.
· Operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of farm equipment not limited to planters, combines, strip and conventional tillage equipment, rotary mowers, forklifts, and sprayers.
· Building maintenance activities to include but not limited to: painting, electrical repair and troubleshooting, carpentry, plumbing, inventory and organization of spare parts, lighting replacement, monthly and weekly housekeeping reports, and safety inspections.
· Flexibility to work both full time (overtime included) during peak seasons (planting and harvest) and part time other times of the year.
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to operate, maintain and repair farm/seed/field equipment
· Knowledge and ability to use handheld PC and/or iOS devices
· Valid driver’s license in good standing
· Class B CDL License preferred
· Experience with field plot trials preferred
· Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices
· Familiarity with seed production practices
· Farm equipment operation, maintenance and repair
Physical labor components include; heavy lifting, bending, walking, and working under adverse weather conditions (heat, humidity, cold).
*** EXPRESS REFERRAL BONUS! ***
If you, or anyone you know, is looking for a new employment opportunity send them to Express Employment! Express offers a $50 bonus for any referral! Referral must work 100 hours to qualify (approximately 1 month).
Express Office: Ames
1110 Buckeye Avenue
Ames, IA 50010