Fabrication Shop Worker
Located in Birmingham, AL
Express Employment Professionals Trussville, AL can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Denzel and Jon Mooney can serve as your contact for this position, as well as, many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express Birmingham North Today!
Job Type: Fabrication Shop Worker
The fabricator operates fabricating machines such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines, spinning machines and punches that cut, shape and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes and structures by performing the following duties below.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates fabrication shop machinery and equipment. Reads job specifications to determine material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule or template.
- Positions work piece against stops or aligns layout marks.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust or scale from work piece.
- Performs minor equipment maintenance.
- Sets up and performs maintenance on fab machines and performs burning work.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervision.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Learning Orientation.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Teamwork Orientation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work may vary and you may be required to work more than 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED diploma, or three to six months’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Fabrication certificate received from trade school.
- Three to six months’ work experience in fabricating shop.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Here is how YOU can APPLY
- CLICK HERE & submit online application to the Birmingham North office!
- Contact one of our recruiters to schedule an interview (205) 610-8260 (ph)
- Our office is located at 1423 Gadsden Hwy, Suite 115 Birmingham, AL 35235
- Click HERE to find out more about our application & interview process
Need more information about this job?
Contact Kendall at (205) 547-2849 (ph), or by email BirminghamALNorth@ExpressPros.com
Please add “Fabrication Shop Worker” to the subject line of your email.
Express Office: Birmingham (North)
1108 East Park Drive
Birmingham, AL 35235