Sales and Marketing Representative
Located in East Lansing, MI
Salary: 35k + Commission
Responsibilities for the Sales & Marketing Representative
The Sales & Marketing Representative's primary emphasis is on bringing in new business. This is done by qualifying potential business opportunities and contacting key decision makers, through phone and in person sales calls. Successful people in this role are comfortable engaging with business people at all levels and selling critical business services. This requires the ability to use consultative selling techniques (communication skills, questioning, and listening techniques, etc.) and the discipline to be persistent while following a daily and weekly plan and demonstrating the desire and drive to become a top performing sales professional.
1. Generate a sufficiently high level of sales activity to secure a minimum of two new clients per week.
- Effectively meet with decision-makers to assess needs and to secure accounts.
- Make a combination of 100 sales calls weekly, including phone and in-person visits, which include 60 face-to-face decision-maker calls.
- Document 100% of calls in the automated system and set a next action step to keep prospects/clients in the sales pipeline.
2. Develop a Sales Action Plan for each prospect on the Top 20 Hit List.
- Develop a quarterly sales plan identifying potential new clients and business opportunities.
- Take the lead in coordinating ongoing sales activities for Top 20 Hit List prospects.
- Research accounts, establish meetings, and coordinate presentations as needed, focusing on prospect’s needs.
3. Prepare and execute a daily sales plan to maximize territory management.
- Use the automated system to prepare a daily sales plan identifying companies and offices to visit.
- Introduce Express through discovery, planned, appointment, and telephone calls.
- Maximize sales efficiency by properly using account classification and territory management systems.
- Classify prospects and set the appropriate call frequency based on potential business.
4.Use a Total Client Care sales approach to present full service capabilities.
- Identify and follow up regularly with key accounts and develop unique value-added sales opportunities, for example, provide Express knowledge-based campaigns, arrange MPC calls with the Staffing Consultant, and invite them to Refresh Leadership simulcasts.
- Sell all product and service lines.
- Deliver the Client Care Packet to all new clients.
5. Effectively work with and communicate with internal team.
- Meet with the inside team daily to ensure sales and recruiting are in sync and clients’ needs are being met.
- Perform other related duties as necessary and assigned.
6. Conduct business in accordance with Express Guidelines and applicable Federal/State Legal Guidelines.
- Work in accordance to applicable employment laws and regulations, including the Fair Labor Standards Act,Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the staffing and placement services offered by Express as well as pricing techniques and strategies.
7. Supervisory Responsibility
- No direct supervisory responsibility.
8. Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Essential activities are conducted away from the local office and within various office and plant settings.
- Constant travel requires exposure to inclement weather and hazardous road conditions.
- Must be able to work effectively under stress of daily travel, deadlines, commitments, and client problems.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle (Must maintain a valid state driver’s license).
- Climb stairs and carry necessary marketing materials, gifts, and supplies.
- Occasional out of town travel for meetings or training required.
Qualifications for the Sales & Marketing Representative
- 2+ years of sales
- Strong customer service skills
- Associates Degree or real life work experience
- Understanding of account management
- Solid phone and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of general business, office terminology and basic computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and effectively
- Must have a passion for sales and service
- Excellent attendance and work ethic
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000 base + Commission. You have the opportunity to control what the ceiling is for your salary! Minimum would be $50,000. The Sky is the limit in this role.
Express Office: Lansing
1429 West Saginaw Street
East Lansing, MI 48823