Responsible for basic transactional accounting required in meeting the objectives of a fast pace Accounting Department.
· Process invoices for payment including receipt, verification and reconciliation.
· Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
· Maintain historical records by scanning and filing documents.
· Generation and transmittal of customer invoices.
· Research and resolve any discrepancies related to customer invoices.
· Monitor accounts and call customers to ensure AR invoices are processed and to encourage timely payments.
· Enter incoming and outgoing payments into the Teneo and AIM insurance systems and the posting of journal entries.
· Assist in month end closing, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
· Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Perform other accounting duties and projects as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
· Minimum three years’ experience in an accounting role.
· Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
· Knowledge of Peachtree accounting system a plus.
· Good oral and written communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Must have a good working knowledge of Excel and Word. Advanced Excel skills a plus.
· Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and a sense of urgency.