Located in Strathroy, ON
Salary: 70,000-80,000 Annually
On behalf of my client in London I am recruiting for an experienced Quality Engineer with 3 or more years in Automotive or Aerospace Manufacturing. The ideal candidate would have long term experience working with either Ford, FCA or Borg Warner, dealing direct with these customers or previous experience with General Motors.
What’s in it for you?
- Training and growth opportunities available
- Company Paid Benefit Program available when starting
- RRSP Program with 4% Matching Program
- Non-Union Manufacturing Environment
Must Have Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering Discipline or Technical College Diploma (CET or similar)
- 5 to 10 Years of Experience in Quality Assurance within Manufacturing
- Quality Assurance Experience in Automotive or Aerospace Manufacturing
- Experience working in Quality with Aluminum or Magnesium lightweight products
- Customer Facing Experience with FCA, Borg Warner or Ford
- Ability to pass a clear criminal background check
Nice to Have:
- Six Sigma Greenbelt designation is an asset
- Certified Quality Engineer / Technician / Auditor Designations are an asset
- Knowledge of injection molding, stamping or die casting process
Key Job Responsibilities
- Championing the development and implementation of quality systems including control plans, measurement analysis, work instructions, FMEA’s, DOE’s and online quality management system documents and procedures.
- Manage measurement issues including gauge design and methods and production GR&R approval/analysis. Pursuing resolution of internal and external quality issues. Be involved in the process of the measurement of parts on the lab and layout equipment. Promoting the implementation and effective use of quality systems and techniques including management system documents and procedures. Perform annual GR&R, CP, and FMEA reviews where required.
- Analyze data and information from multiple sources as a resource for problem resolution. Involved in layout support, reviewing data, following tooling progressions and changes.
- PPAP preparation and submission, product engineering, engineering changes, and run at rate.
- Analyze, documenting and reporting issues of customer returns.
- Front line responder to customer quality complaints. Ensuring that customer concerns are properly dealt with utilizing problem-solving tools and corrective actions. Interfacing with the customer to maintain a full and accurate information flow. Work with suppliers in a supplier development capacity.
- Train team members in quality systems and procedures, encourage the use of quality tools and systems in production including SPC and CA’s.
Submit your resume to Kaitlyn.Kirby@ExpressPros.com
or call for more information at 519-672-7620 and ask to speak with Kaitlyn ext. 230
Express Office: London
300 Dundas Street
London, ON N6B 1T6