Located in Starkville, MS
Performs all types of mechanical work related to maintaining, repairing, modifying and improving any of the machinery, equipment, and buildings utilized in the Company's business
Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager or management designee, is responsible for:
- Repairing/replacing parts and components of machinery and equipment, utilizing portable hand tools, welding equipment, bench tools, etc., as necessary for the work.
- Carry out assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for performing all assigned tasks in such a way as to provide quality work.
- Responsible for keeping the Maintenance Manager advised on the adequate availability of tools, supplies, and equipment necessary for mechanical maintenance activities.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly work area, both within the maintenance area and on the assigned repair work job sites.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES CONT.
- Responsible for performing all jobs duties safely and correctly, utilizing all recommended safety procedures and personal protective equipment.
- Performs other Maintenance Department related duties as required by the Maintenance Engineer or management
- Performs any other duties as required by supervisor.
- Understand plant safety rules, job safety/hazard assessment and required PPE.
Must be willing to perform diagnostics, repairs, and routine tasks on production and support equipment to include, but not limited to:
- Hydraulic Systems: pumps, actuators, solenoid valves, hoses, gauges, radiators, etc.
- Pneumatic Systems: compressors, air dryers, actuators, valves, solenoid valves, etc
- Mechanical Mechanisms: chain and sprocket, timing belt, belt and sheave, gearing, linkages, etc.
- Basic HVAC Understanding: chillers, chilled water systems, centrifugal pumps, control valves, DX systems, blowers, etc.
- Heat Transfer Systems: thermal oil systems, control valves, three-way valves, centrifugal pumps, heat exchangers, pressure gauges, flow control, temperature control, etc.
Note: The duties listed are not set forth to limit the assignment of work. They are not to be taken as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under this job title or those performed outside the employee's normal line of work.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum of 3 years of Industrial Maintenance experience.
Demonstrated ability through proven satisfactory performance as related to quality, quantity, mental alertness, judgment, common sense and dependability (satisfactory attendance).
The job requires better than average mechanical aptitude and skills as measured by the Mechanical Maintenance Evaluation to be administered at EMCC.
- 24/7 operation
Express Office: Starkville
100 Starr Avenue
Starkville, MS 39759