The Service Technician reports to the owner and manager, and is responsible for diagnosing and repairing HVAC systems, start up and commissioning of new installations and performing maintenance for industrial and commercial clients. Customer-based activities involved in this position require an individual who is decisive, tactful, dependable, and who possesses initiative and the ability to communicate well with all customer groups. The Service Technician must be able to accurately diagnose and efficiently accomplish a job to the mutual benefit of the customer and the company. Job-related contact can occur with virtually all demographic groups, with the majority of the contacts being service customers, other company engineering team members, the Service Manager, Dispatcher and the Parts Runners. Daily job stress will range from minimal to extreme, based on such factors as the weather, site considerations, time constraints, sales potential, travel requirements, job complexity, and customer needs. An average work day will be moderately stressful.
Representative duties include:
• Performing routine HVACR service activities without direct oversight or on-site assistance.
• Training other company engineering employees on service-related subjects.
• Conducting non-service work in support of the Installation Department, as assigned.
• Performing related duties as directed by the Service Manager.
2. Job Qualifications:
• High school graduate or equivalent and graduate of a post-secondary HVACR program of instruction of two or more years in duration or equivalent work experience.
•1-2 or more years of successful experience as a service technician.
• A good attitude, willingness to serve our customers and work within the company
• Engineering’s established policies and procedures and be dependable.
• Good verbal and reading skills, including the ability to read and apply manufacturers' instructions and to clearly communicate with customers, suppliers, and other companies Engineering team members.
• Physical ability to perform all duties noted above under the conditions, circumstances, and extreme weather conditions found in our area.
• Interest and initiative in maintaining and advancing his or her HVACR skills through a combination of self-study, company training, manufacturers' workshops, and other professional development activities.
• Current Mississippi motor vehicle operator's license, and the ability to operate all vehicles in the corporate fleet. Applicant must be insurable by current company
Pay range is $18-$20 per hour depending on experience. Email resume to email@example.com