Located in Fort hood, TX
Currently seeking a qualified Painter for an evaluation to hire position with a local Fort Hood company. Interested candidates should possess relevant carpentry experience.
Responsibilities of the Painter
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces using a roller and brushes
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
Requirements of the Painter
- Proven experience as an Painter
- Must be able to pass the Fort Hood gate access requirements
- Must have valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Must be able to work with a team
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (rollers, brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc. with great attention to detail
Compensation for the Exterior Painter
The starting salary for this position is $14.00 hourly, depending on experience
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501