Director of Total Rewards
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
One of Central Oregon’s top organizations is adding a Director of Total Rewards to their team!
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
This critical role is responsible for driving the organizations total rewards strategies, ensuring that they align to and support business goals and objectives. Provides vision, leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the HR Information Systems and Data Analytics. Reporting directly to the Vice President People & Culture, will serve as a member of the People Leadership Team, and have a broad sphere of influence throughout the organization.
- Provides innovative vision and leadership to total rewards that focuses on the “whole” caregiver and supports physical, social and financial wellbeing.
- Provides thought leadership and leads the design, build and scaling of Total Rewards (comp, benefits, and recognition programs) including compensation philosophy and structure, incentive plans, and benefits strategy focused on attracting and retaining key talent across an increasingly diverse business and workforce.
- Keeps abreast of compensation and benefits trends in the competitive market, ensuring the programs are market competitive, address compression & internal equity and aligned with our culture and business goals and consistently administered and in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Develops strategy, builds and manages an analytics model which enables data-driven decision making. Executes the delivery of information, working with key stakeholders to support the business with analytics by identifying workforce trends and opportunities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Leave and Absence management. Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and serve as a resource to business partners and team members regarding the requirements for all leave programs and policies.
- Prepares qualitative and quantitative analytics in collaboration with Finance to support development of cost-effective benefit programs, including proposals for program changes, utilization, vendor performance, trends and program analysis.
- Oversees the compensation administration process including the planning and implementation of annual salary reviews, merit increases, short/long term incentives.
- Partners with HR leadership and communications team to develop, execute, and communicate key benefits, leave and compensation
- Establishes systems of accountability, performance standards, and measures of success against which the effectiveness of the function can be evaluated.
- Builds strong partnerships with HR colleagues, the business, and external partners to help identify, develop and accomplish initiatives within the function.
- Leads a team of direct and indirect reports; supports them through the various stages of the employee lifecycle, utilizes self-service tools as is appropriate.
- Develops annual budget for areas of responsibility and works with department leaders and staff to implement the budget. Assures measures for staying within budgetary parameters.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies.
- Perform other related duties as required and directed.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers, patients and guests.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Accounting, Finance or related discipline. MBA or advanced degree in human resources or related field preferred.
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) certification or Professional HR Certification such as SHRM-CP®, SHRM-SCP®, PHR® and SPHR® preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant, increasingly responsible experience, including previous experience working in a strategic HR role.
- Blend of hands-on operational and design/strategy experience.
- Experience in benefits, leave and absence management, compensation, organization analytics and workforce planning. Ability to use data and systems to drive business and organizational decisions.
- Demonstrated expertise in complex compensation program analysis, design and administration, trends & best practices.
- Knowledge of survey administration and leveraging survey feedback along with multiple organization data points to inform organization decisions/initiative.
- Highly analytical with the ability to evaluate complex data and make recommendations.
- Advanced MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong knowledge of EEOC regulations, ERISA, ACA, FSLA, and other relevant laws.
- Effective communication skills and ability to influence and empower at all levels within the organization, from individual contributors through executive leadership teams.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into strategic initiatives and drive them to successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve both individual and team results through a fact-based, collaborative, analytical approach.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and mentor talent at all levels.
- Well-versed in total rewards [compensation & benefits], HRIS and data analytics subject matter.
- Experience working within an HR shared services model.
- Experience or knowledge in Lean
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702