2nd/3rd Shift Robotic Maintenance Technician
Located in East Lansing, MI
Salary: $25.00 an hour
- Lead development of cell(s) during launch to debug and assist in correcting all tooling, robotic, controls, weld cycles and all other equipment related improvement.
- Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and carry out remedial actions.
- Supports all necessary data collection required for cell and product improvement initiatives.
- Inspect all machinery for defects and potential problems, repair and replace parts.
- Perform general equipment maintenance duties such as cleaning, oiling and greasing machines.
- Perform basic mechanical and pipe fitting. Program robots for sealants, adhesives, mastics, MIG and resistance welding.
- Advise Facilities Manager to order replacement parts.
- Make adjustments in welding program.
- Lead efficiency and cycle time improvement.
- Train associates in welding, robotics and PLC's.
- Set up robotic welding stations by operating/retrieving various computer programs stored in robotic welding equipment. Adjust equipment and change welding fixtures.
- Modify existing equipment and install new equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electric/electronic system faults, tune equipment and ensure adequate controls and safety measures are functional.
- Carry out monthly and yearly electrical maintenance procedures, repairing/replacing parts.
- Assist in documenting current processes, equipment settings and downtime codes.
Location: Lansing, MI
Position Type: Direct Hire
Pay: $25.00 an hour
Schedule: 2nd/3rd shift
- Resistance welding and spot welding experience
- Nachi, Fanuc and Kuka Robotics experience
- Aluminum GMAW experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance repair/robotics/welding applications
- Prefer 5 or more years of experience in maintenance repair/robotics/welding applications
- Strong knowledge of electrical functioning, hydraulic and pneumatic machinery and automation equipment
- Ability to operate all common maintenance equipment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Effective analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience in reviewing product on check fixtures to determine improvement steps
- Ability to assist in reviewing the quality of product and welds
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of equivalent on-the-job experience
- Understanding and use of relevant KAPS methods and tools in all processes
Three Ways To Apply: (choose one)
- Resumes may be emailed to Lisa.Garza@expresspros.com
- Call our office 1-517-272-4670
- Visit our office 1429 W. Saginaw Hwy. Suite 120 East Lansing, MI 48823 (next to Biggby Coffee)
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express Employment Professionals is a staffing development agency assisting businesses in attracting and developing top talent. Express Employment Professionals has been in Lansing for 16+ years. Express can help you find a job that is the perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you will never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you are looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express has a wide range of jobs available including Administrative, Light Industrial, Skilled Trades, and Professional positions through evaluation-hire, contract, and direct hire opportunities. Let us help you today!
Express Office: Lansing
1429 West Saginaw Street
East Lansing, MI 48823