Located in Willows, CA
Assistant Engineer, Glenn County, CA.
$55,000-67,000/year with full benefits. Long-term, direct hire position!
Responsibilities of Assistant Engineer:
- Prepares designs, plans and specifications for the construction and development of structures and facilities.
- Assists with the collection, analysis and refinement of field data.
- Prepares estimates of materials and quantities in the development of plans, profiles, maps, and drawings for construction projects.
- Conducts topographic field surveys, grade-staking surveys, and bathymetric surveys.
- Prepares legal exhibits, permits and easement agreements.
- Prepares requests for proposals for construction projects, including grant funded projects.
- Ensures standards are met for drawings, plans, maps, filing, construction and other work.
- Assists with preparation and implementation of capital improvement plan.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings and stays abreast of new trends and innovations related to organization’s engineering activities.
Requirements of Assistant Engineer:
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices, related to water conveyance and management.
- Knowledge of structure and facility design, and construction methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of contract development and administration.
- Knowledge of land survey principles and practices.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer based design mapping and data management programs as well as Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Access, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Agricultural or Civil Engineering. Prefer emphasis on water resources engineering.
- Three years of professional engineering experience in design and construction.
- Engineer-in-Training certification or Professional Engineer licensure preferred.
- Valid California driver’s license.
Call 530-527-0727 for an immediate interview or email resume to email@example.com for confidential consideration.
Express Office: Red Bluff
243 South Main Street
Red Bluff, CA 96080