Customer Service and Sales
Located in North Plains, OR
Customer Service & Sales Assistant
Monday – Friday
7:30 am-5:00 pm
North Plains, Oregon
Our ideal candidate will have both a sales as well as customer support background and interest. We want someone who delights in delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Assist both store and online retailers with product and order inquiries, complaints, missing parts, pricing, etc. Confirmation via phone, fax and email.
- Responsible for both new account and new product set up including assistance and coordination with accounting and third party providers of electronic data exchange set up
- Maintain accurate records of customer (payment terms, pricing, contacts, etc)
- Responsible for research and resolution of accounting issues such as deductions and problem invoices and maintenance of accurate records of allowances and payment terms.
- Responsible for research, review and maintenance of compliance records of our customers and communication of customer’s procedures, rules and regulations with all departments (accounting, shipping, packing, testing, order processing, etc.)
- Compile and convey reports in support of the Sales management team.
- Assist in problem solving with various departments to resolve problems such as accounting, and / or shipping discrepancies, etc.
- Ability to manage / prioritize tasks, and time effectively , solution focused
- Previous sales and/or customer support experience with record of achievements
- A positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team. Independently takes action
- Knowledge and previous use of “Agility” software is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has a stable work history and takes pride in punctuality and attendance
- Significant experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, websites.
- Knowledge of basic accounting terminology and practices
- Organized and detailed
- Able to follow administrative processes quickly
- Able to self-manage or interact well within a team
- Able to continually provide input into training documentation regarding role
- Minimum High School graduation with demonstrated classes taken in basic accounting/business/math/computer science.
- Associates or college degree preferred Required Experience:
- 2-4 year experience in an office related, customer service position
Detailed Task List
- Customer Service
- Retailer’s – stores and online
- Assist employees with their questions or concerns, such as product inquiries, order inquires, complaints, missing parts, pricing etc. via phone, fax and email.
- Working with our customers with return authorization (RA''s) requests.
- Creating and maintaining records of the returns.
- Ensuring correct deductions are taken and removed from aging reports.
- Resolve Accounting issues
- Maintain accurate records of various allowances and payment terms we have set up with various customers to ensure our records coincide with our customers and proper deductions are taken.
- Researching and resolving deductions (penalties, shortages, returns, etc.) and problem invoices open on our aging for Jewett-Cameron.
- Gathering back up documentation from our customers (buyers and accounting) carriers.
- Submitting claims to our customers for the reversal of deductions.
- Payment inquires to our customers.
- Working with multiple departments internally to ensure accuracy, resolving current issues and preventing future issues.
- Researching, reviewing, and maintaining compliance records of our customers in all departments (Accounting, shipping, packing, testing, order processing, etc.)
- Ensuring all departments internally are made aware of, understand and follow our customer''s procedures, rules and regulations.
- New Account Set Up
- Review new programs Sales Managers develop, accurately set up the retail account internally.
- Giving all departments involved, corresponding information needed for them to process.
- New Product Set up
- Maintaining records internally- UPC, Model #, marketing data, dimensions, Agility, and parts breakdown.
- Giving all departments needed information internally. Maintaining accurate records of our customers
- Payment terms
- Vendor Numbers
- Maintain 3rd Party EDI relations
- SPS Commerce & Commerce Hub
- Removing and setting up customers needing this.
- Reviewing and monitoring billing, ensuring accuracy and resolving issues.
- Running various reports from Agility and other sources, maintaining the records for co-workers (i.e. Sales, Returns, Sales Data, Products, Accounting etc.
- Problem Solving
- Assisting various departments with researching and resolving various problems that arise, such as, accounting, shipping, discrepancies, etc.
For immediate consideration, contact Express Employment Professionals:
Call (503) 640-3600
Email your resume to Jobs.HillsboroOR@expresspros.com
Apply online at http://expresshillsboroor.com
We offer immediate medical (PPO), dental, vision, short and life term insurance options, a 401(k) plan, and much more!
Express Office: Hillsboro (Portland Metro)
1001 Southeast Tualatin Valley Highway
Hillsboro, OR 97123