Inspector - Finish Sander
Located in Shreveport, LA
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Express Employment is currently searching for an experienced Inspector to add to our team. Our client believes that order customization is a large part of what sets them apart from their competition. The Bossier plant operations manufactures dovetail drawer boxes, cabinet organizers, miter cabinet doors and drawer fronts, decorative crown and accent moldings for the kitchen cabinets industry. The Inspector is responsible for making minor repairs, cleaning, sanding, and checking products for conformance before items are packaged for shipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify non-conforming product/parts, reject and request replacement.
• Make minor repairs to products.
• Verify finished product matches production/shop paperwork.
• Inspect, and clean product to remove adhesives, machine mark, pencil marks, before passing off to packing operator.
• Apply finish sanding to product as needed to ensure conformity to specifications.
• Use orbital sanders and hand tools to perform tasks.
• Maintain adequate stock of supplies.
• Account for assigned tools.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Active Listener — Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Team Player – Must be able to work well with others as well as independently.
• Above average mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
• Reads, understands, and follows instructions.
• Takes initiative and is self-directed.
• Able to identify wood species, match grain and color.
• Performs in a fast-paced work environment.
• Able to use and read measuring devices such as calipers and tape measure.
• Able to bend, lift, or carry up to 25 pounds, and push/pull a loaded cart weighting up to 50 pounds.
• Must have a keen eye for detail.
• Basic Computer Skills
Requirements and experience
• Two years prior woodworking or manufacturing experience (preferred).
• Experience in inspection or quality control (preferred).
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Available to work all shifts on a rotating or permanent basis. Occasional overtime may be required.
If you meet these requirements please call 318-226-8777.
Remember to look at our website for additional opportunities.
Express Office: Shreveport
1409 East 70th Street
Shreveport, LA 71105