Located in Corpus Christi, TX
Salary: Based on Experience
We are seeking a Bilingual Ophthalmic Assistant in Corpus Christi, TX! This job is an evaluation hire, and pay is based on experience.
- Reviews patient charts, obtain ocular/systemic history, and then performs testing required by type of exam scheduled, patient complaint and history.
- Acts as scribe while physician examines patient recording data into electronic medical records or hand write in paper chart, oversees patient flow.
- Performs lensometry, refractometry, applanation tonometry, basic muscle balance testing, assess pupils, assess the anterior chamber, confrontation visual fields, gross external exam, diagnostic testing and other applicable testing.
- Sterilize surgical equipment.
- Assists with patient education.
- High school diploma or GED
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Experience as an assistant for an Ophthalmologist (M.D.)
No certifications are required, though the client is willing to help the Assistant obtain the Ophthalmic Assistant Certification (COA)! This is a great opportunity for the Assistant to further their education in an Ophthalmic setting.
Submit your resume to Melissa.Quinones@Expresspros.com for consideration. All Express employees are eligible for Medical, Vision, Dental, Short-term Disability, Term Life Insurance! Holidays & Vacation Pay!
Express Office: Corpus Christi
2820 South Padre Island Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78415