Lab / Quality Inspection Technician – Lime Plant
Located in Saginaw, AL
Salary: $16.00 /hr. to start
$16.00 /hr. to start; Mon-Fri, rotating shift (1st and 2nd shift).
IMMEDIATE OPENING, Montevallo AL. Current MSHA certification a plus (otherwise, you will be paid to complete MSHA certification)
Here's What Makes YOU a Great Fit (also an idea of a typical day):
- Min. 1 year laboratory (mining, minerals, rock, building materials), or quality inspection experience in same fields
- HS diploma or GED. Associates Degree in a science based degree program or equivalent work experience in the field is desired (BS/BA a plus).
- Must be capable of working occasional evenings or weekends if needed
- Physically able to perform work assigned; physically capable of accessing all plant and quarry locations (standing in lab most of day, getting into cart, picking up samples, etc.)
- Able to work at occasional heights of 120 feet (safety guards/railing), confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
- Proven history of safe work practices; high awareness at all times.
- Able to learn & operate lab equipment; operate power tools like a wet saw (similar to tile saw).
- Excellent work ethic; great listener – ability to learn the process.
- Able to work in dusty and noisy environment with provided safety equipment, when going out to pick up samples.
- Must be capable of understanding and communicating instructions, written and verbal.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform required paperwork and mathematical assignments in correct format.
- Basic to intermediate MS Excel skills (entering data, totaling, saving files).
- MUST be dependable & punctual.
RESPONSIBILITY SUMMARY: Testing and sampling to ensure products (raw materials, in-process, and finished product) meet internal and customer specifications. Based on test results, provide feedback to plant and quarry production on operational performance and routing of material. Will also do the following:
- Perform daily testing requirements.
- Accurately sample and measure chemical and physical properties on all types of raw and finished products, environmental systems, and fuels following established laboratory guidelines.
- Effectively interpret and communicate analysis results within the context of the production facilities to maintain product quality.
- Inventory supplies required for testing and sample shipments
- Implement all elements of the quality manual
- Maintain the validity of all documentation and procedures
YOU Choose How to Apply:
- Click "APPLY NOW" button below to submit online application - We WILL get back to you
- Call us at 205-981-1141, to immediately discuss your interest and qualifications
- Email an updated resume to: email@example.com. Be sure to add "Lab technician" to the email subject.
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242