Fire and Water Restoration Techs
Located in Michigan City, IN
Fire and Water Restoration Tech Job Summary: A locally owned and operated Fire and Water Restoration company is looking to add dependable, energetic, and hard-working individuals to their team. You will handle all aspects of property damage including water, fire, and mold mitigation/remediation and content cleaning.
- Inspect buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues
- Perform assigned work orders in a timely manner and meet deadlines and expectations.
- Identify the source of problems and determine the extent of damage
- Place required equipment on job sites and monitor them
- Explain process and answer customer concerns
- Complete daily technician paperwork
- Effectively perform restoration, mitigation, light construction and required services
- Inventory and load the work vehicle with equipment, products, and supplies needed for each project
Schedule and Pay:
- Monday - Friday
- 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Some night and weekend work is required, as they provide 24-hour emergency service
- $11.00/hour, starting pay
- Prior technician experience (construction, maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, etc.)
- Experience in cleaning/restoration preferred
- Able to perform in a work environment that has suffered fire, water, and smoke damage
- Attendance and punctuality are critical success factors
- Drug screen and background check
- Read, write, and speak English
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with/around cleaning products/chemicals
- Must be able to repeatedly push, pull and bend throughout the duration of the shift
- Must be able to perform multiple dexterity movements throughout the duration of the shift
- Must have an excellent work ethic and be a self-starter
- Ability to accept change at any given moment
About our Hiring Process:
Express has been serving our NWI community for over 20 years! We are committed to helping you find the best job to match your desires and skill set. One interview with us is like interviewing for over 100 companies! Apply for this job and we will get you connected with your own employment specialist. Our goal is to find you the right long-term fit, all at no cost! Once you apply for this role, we will take you through our complimentary hiring process, match you to the right job, and provide ongoing training and support. Join the Express family today!
Since 1997, Express has been impacting the Lake, Porter, and La Porte County community by connecting people with meaningful employment opportunities, one person at a time. From manufacturing jobs, to administrative positions, to professional placements, Express can empower you to find a job that meets your needs. Whether you are starting a new career, re-entering the workforce, or a seasoned professional, Express has the resources to match you with a job that fits your desires and abilities.
Apply now, or text our office at (219) 465-1868 to schedule a phone interview today!
Express Office: Valparaiso
332 West US Highway 30
Valparaiso, IN 46385