Supervisor of Nursing Services
Located in Utica, NY
Our Client, The Rescue Mission of Utica, is seeking a Supervisor of Nursing Services to support their expanding and dynamic organization.
Mission Statement: The Rescue Mission of Utica, Inc. is a Christian Ministry, established to proclaim, in word and deed, the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ, by unconditionally endeavoring to assess and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those individuals seeking assistance.
Job Title: Supervisor of Nursing Services in our Addictions Stabilization Center (ASC)
Job Summary: This position will coordinate and implement the nursing services. Will work closely with the Director of Clinical Services and Program Director to assure the highest qualify of care for our client services. Responsible for providing and/or assigning direct clinical care, assessments, evaluations and treatment. Will make critical decisions in the areas of medical emergencies, interventions and the provision of withdrawal services.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide clinical supervision to all nursing staff.
- Review Nursing documentation, assessments and interventions.
- Develop/update clinical protocols and medical policies in consultation with Director of Clinical Services and in accordance with NYS OASAS regulations.
- Develop monthly Nursing schedule.
- Follow up with administrative duties and decisions in the absence of the Program Director.
- Review and approve client intake screening coming into ASC to ensure medically stable for withdrawal services.
- Provide 24 hour, on-call services to ASC staff for medical questions and nursing consultation.
- Participate in QI committee activities
- Assist with interview, orientation and training process of nursing staff.
- Assist to coordinate staff training seminars required by NYS OASAS.
- Assist the Program Director with the development/updates of policy and procedure manual.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Program Director, such as: attendance at administrative meetings, community outreach.
- Remain available on call for a 24-hour basis in order to fill in if facility is understaffed.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and orientation of nursing employees.
- Complete ADP timecards for direct employees.
- Provide regular feedback to employees under direct supervision and perform annual employee performance reviews.
- Provide input and assistance to Program Director on employee matters that require corrective action.
- Assist in all aspects of ensuring program documentation for OASAS 820 regulations for Stabilization.
- Assist with preadmission evaluations and make recommendations.
- Assist to coordinate employee development as required by OASAS.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing with a current NYS RN license.
- Three (3) years clinical experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years management and supervisory experience
- Must obtain CPR and Narcan certification within 90 days of hire.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to operate agency vehicle, BAC machine and communication equipment.
- Ability to provide direction/model, delegate, train and supervise others.
- Expected to work regularly scheduled daytime shift and on-call 24/7
- Maintains all required credentials.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Clean/valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Enthusiastic support of our Mission Statement.
Status/Hours: Full-Time – 40 hours per week – On Call 24/7
Pay Rate: $58,500
Benefits: We offer a competitive pay rate and comprehensive benefit package for eligible employees to include medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), voluntary benefits, paid time off, holidays and paid training.
Justice Center Background check and drug screen required.
Express Employment Professionals and The Rescue Mission are Equal Opportunity Employers
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502